Explain Sub Band Coding and Wavelet Based Compression - Compression Standard
(a) Sub Band Coding and
(b) Wavelet Based Compression
Sub Band Coding:
- Sub Band Coding(SBC) is a transform coding.
- A transform code can break a signal that may result in many different ‘frequency bands’.
- Every transform code is encoded independently.
- Most of the time, it is used for compressing audio and video signals.
Wavelet Based Compression:
- It is a process where a well defined temporal support for ‘wiggles’ about X-axis.
- The inner-product of the input signal is multiplied with a set of ortho-normal basis functions.
- Then the coefficients are computed by this inner-product.