What are the parameters that are used in silence compression? - Compression Standard
What are the parameters that are used in silence compression?
- Silence compression is used in compressing sound files.
- It is equivalent to run length coding on normal data files.
- The parameters are:
1. A threshold value. It is a parameter that specifies, below which the compression can be considered as silence.
2. A silence code followed by a single byte. It indicates the numbers of consecutive silence codes are present.
3. To specify the start of a run of silence, which is a threshold.