What is lossless source coding? - Compression Standard
What is lossless source coding?
- A data compression technique, which reverts an exact copy of original file.
- Lossless Source Coding is used for compressing text files in modems.
- Lossless Source Coding is a building block for designing lossy compressors.
- Lossy compression is implemented for images, sound and video files for effective data compression.
- Many compression techniques have a lossless mode.
- The lossless source coding involves a sequence of fixed length symbols.
- Each of these symbols is easily manipulated independently.