What is file compression? Why is it necessary to compress files? - Compression Standard
What is file compression? Why is it necessary to compress files?
- File compression is a process to reduce the disk space to store that file.
- File compression enables data to be transferred quickly.
- Disk space needed on internet servers is reduced. This allows the servers to store more files / information with less disk space.
- File compression reduces the amount of time on internet to upload or download a file.
- Compression hides data so that not all computers can read the information stored.
- File compression is a mandatory preference for some of the internet servers to transfer files.