How to include accented characters? - Gnuplot Programming
How to include accented characters?
- 8 bit character codes are used to obtain accented characters.
- Example of accented character is ü
- Following is an example to include accented characters:
gnuplot> set encoding iso_8859_1
gnuplot> set title "M\374nchner Bierverbrauch \374ber die Jahre"
gnuplot> plot "bier.dat" u 1:2
- Like wise, characters in Czech, French, Russia characters can be types using set encoding.
- Two or more encoding characters can not be mixed in one file. Ex. accents for west and east latin encodings.
- UTF-8 encoding fonts can be a general solution.