What is Nyquist Rule? - Multimedia Compression
What is Nyquist Rule?
- Nyquist Rule is one of the mathematical expressions.
- While sampling the frequency, the sampling frequency is multiplied twice.
- The signal should not contain a Fourier spectrum with sine or cosine above the frequency.
- The signal can be reconstructed by sampling at twice the frequency.
- The signal can not be reconstructed if the signal is not sampled at twice the frequency.
- Nyquist is required only for digital signal processing but not for analog singnal processing.