What is Delta modulation? Describe its features. - Multimedia Compression.
What is Delta modulation? Describe its features.
- A technique that converts analog to digital and digital to analog signal conversion.
- It is to transmit voice information.
- It encodes the differences between successive samples into n-bit data streams.
- The transmitted data is reduced to 1-bit data stream.
Following are the features of Delta Modulation:
- A series segments are used to approximate the analog signal.
- The approximated signal is compared with analog wave for determining the increase or decrease in relative amplitude.
- Only the increase or decrease of the signal amplitude is only sent.