2015 US-India Cyber Dialogue: Impact on Cybersecurity & Digital Economy
2015 US-India Cyber Dialogue: Impact on Cybersecurity & Digital EconomyQuestion: The 2015 US-India Cyber Dialogue was recently held. Discuss how this dialogue will increase international cyber security and promote the digital economy.
US and India have formed an agreement for robust cooperation regarding cyber issues
- The two delegations discussed a host of cyber issues including the following
- Cyber threats,
- Enhanced cyber security information sharing,
- Cyber incident management,
- Cyber security cooperation in the context of 'Make in India',
- Efforts to combat cyber crime, Internet governance issues, and
- Norms of state behaviour in cyberspace.
The delegations also located opportunities for increased collaboration in the following fields:
- Cyber security capacity-building,
- Cyber security research and development,
- Combatting cyber crime,
- International security,
- Internet governance,
- The two nations also intend to pursue numerous follow-on activities to bolster their cyber security partnership and achieve concrete outcomes.
- The two nations also agreed to hold the next round of Cyber Dialogue at Delhi in 2016
Facts and Stats
- 2015 US-India Cyber Dialogue was recently held at Washington DC
- Dialogue, fourth in the series was aimed to promote the digital economy and increase global cyber security
It was led by US Cyber Security Coordinator and Special Assistant to the US President, Michael Daniel and India’s Deputy NSA Arvind Gupta