3i Infotech Campus Placement Process
3i Infotech Campus Placement Process
3i Infotech, incorporated in 1993, provides software products, IT services and business process outsourcing for industries like insurance, banking, capital markets, mutual funds and asset management, wealth management, government, manufacturing and retail.
In the year 2011, 3i Infotech was ranked 10 in the list of top 10 Indian IT companies. In the year 2010 and 2011, 3i Infotech was featured in the WorldBlu List of Most Democratic Workplace. 3i Infotech provides in-house training as well as external training, development programs, performance appraisal with multi rater feedback and on the job mentorship which makes it one of the preferable company for an individual to start his/her career.
Eligibility Criteria for campus recruitment
In order to be eligible for campus recruitment the student must be an Engineering graduate in the field of Computer Science or Information technology. The student with Master of Computer Application or Master of Science in Information Technology or Computer Science are also eligible to apply for campus recruitment. There is no specific cutoff marks required but the eligible students are expected to carry two passport size photographs and two copies of updated resume. The student should also carry photocopies of mark sheet from SSC onwards along with an photo identity proof.
Placement process for 3i Infotech
The selection process for 3i Infotech has been observed to consist of three rounds:
1. Written Test
2. Group Discussion
3. HR Interview
The Written test is then further divided in three sections
1. Verbal Ability
3. Quantitative aptitude
In the verbal ability section, a paragraph will be given and the first 10 questions will be based on the paragraph. There will be questions on grammatical error an jumbled sentences. Students are expected to correct the sentences. There will be few fill in the blacks questions and synonyms and anonyms will be asked in this section.
The next section is the reasoning section. In this section, there are questions based on data sufficiency, notations and symbol, questions on venn diagrams, arrangement and blood relations.
Questions observed to be asked in this section are :
• Look at the series: 22, 21, 23, 22, 24, 23, ... What number should come next?
• If Suresh is brother of Tanya; Tanya is sister of Ram; and Ram is father of Sonia; How is Sonia related to Suresh?
• Amita, Priya, Ritu, Wasim, Sima and Zarin are sitting in a row. Sima and Zarin are in the centre. Amita and Priya are at the ends. Ritu is sitting to the left of Amita. Who is to the right of Priya ?
In the last section, i.e. quantitative section, questions are asked on simple and compound interest. Questions are also asked on speed and distance, variations, simplification, profit and loss, linear equations and ratio proportion.
The students can expect the following type of questions in this section.
• There are 5 red chillies, 4 green chillies. If one draw randomly a chilly what is the probability of getting a red chilly.
• Ram can fill a tank in 30 mins and Suraj can fill it in 28 mins. If 3/4th of the tank is filled by Suraj alone and both are opened, how much time is required by both of them to fill the tank completely ?
• The cost of an umbrella is Rs 120. If the profit is 10% over selling price what is the selling price of the umbrella ?
The students who have successfully cleared the written test qualify for the group discussion round. In this round the topic of group discussion is based on general interest, social importance and current affairs. In this round the company measures the students ability to speak and listen. The student is also judged on his/her topic awareness.
Some of the topics of Group discussion asked in previous years are:
• In commercials should celebrities participate.
• Is cricket a national obsession and detriment to other sports
• Is Press invading our privacy.
The students who clear the Group discussion round qualify for the last and final round. This is the HR interview round. In this round, the HR of the company measures the students leadership, interpersonal, communication, decision making skills and the ability to work under pressure and stress.
The student is expected to introduce him/herself. He/she is asked about the academic project. The students attitude is evaluated by the HR and are also asked if they are ready to relocate and if they are ready to sign bond with the company.
- RE: 3i Infotech Campus Placement Process -venky (08/02/16)
- Thank you nice information