Aptitude model placement papers with solution - set 101. A man sells 45 lemons for Rs 40 and loses 20%. At how much price should he sell 24 lemons to the next customer to make a 20% profit?
D. 16View Answer / Hide Answer
2. If m and n are two whole numbers such than mn=121 then determine the value of (m-1) n+1
ANSWER: A. 32
Let cost price of lemons be x.
Selling price of lemons becomes CP - loss.
So 45 lemons cost Rs 50
Cost of 1 lemon = 50/45 Rs
Cost of 24 lemons = (50/45)*24 =80/3 Rs
Selling Price of 24 lemons =(80/3)+(20/100)(80/3)=Rs 32
D. 1000 View Answer / Hide Answer
3. If one is added to the numerator of the fraction it becomes one. If one is added to the denominator of the fraction it becomes 1/2. The fraction is?
ANSWER: D. 1000
Solution: It is mentioned that m and n are 2 whole numbers.
mn=121. Clearly 112 is121.
=>m=11 .and n=2
=>(m+1) n+1 = (10) 3
D. 2/5View Answer / Hide Answer
4. Ratio of areas of incircle and circumcircle of an equilateral triangle is?
ANSWER: B. 2/3
Ans: Let the fraction be x/y.
=> (x+1)/y = 1
=> x+1 = y—(1)
x/(y-1) = 1/2
=> 2x = (y+1)—(2)
=>Equating (1) and (2)
=> x+1 = 2x-1
Subsituting the value of x in (1)
D. 2:3View Answer / Hide Answer5. What is the minimum number of years upon which SI on Rs 2600 at 6.67% interest rate will be in whole number?
D. 4View Answer / Hide Answer
6. Speed of a man with current measures 15 km/hr. Speed of current is 2.5 km/hr. What is the speed of man against the current?
ANSWER: C. 3
Solution: Simple Interest =Principal * Rate * Time
Principal = 2600 Rs
Interest Rate = 6.67%
=> SI = 2600 * (20/3)*Time
SI of the number will be a whole number for the first time when time is three as denominator of rate is 3.
Hence time should be set to 3 years.
A. 12.5 kmph
B. 10 kmph
C. 9 kmph
D. 8.5 kmphView Answer / Hide Answer
7. A jar is filled of liquid which is 3 parts water and 5 parts alcohol. How much of this mixture should be drawn out and replaced such that this mixture may contain half water and half alcohol?
ANSWER: B. 10 kmph
Solution: Let the speed of man in still water be x km/hr
Now, speed with current=15 km/hr
Speed of current: 2.5 km/hr
Speed of man with current: Speed of man in still water+Speed of current
Speed of man against the current: Speed of man in still water-Speed of current
D. 33.33%View Answer / Hide Answer
8. Find the odd man out:
ANSWER: B. 20%
Solution: Let the jar initially contain 8 litres of mixture:3 litres water and 5 litres alcohol
Let x litres of this mixture is drawn out and is replaced by x litres of water.
Amount of water now in the solution: 3-(3/8)x+x.
Amount of alcohol now in the solution: 5-(5/8)x
Desired ratio: 1/1
5, 8, 20, 42, 124, 246
D. 246View Answer / Hide Answer
9. A and B working separately can complete a piece of work in 9 and 12 days respectively. If they work alternatingly starting from A in how many days will the work be completed?
ANSWER: A. 20
Solution: The series is followed on the pattern of 2 alternate sequences with common formula being 2n-2 and 3n-2 respectively.
8 = 2*5-2
22 = 3*8-2
42 = 22*2-2
124 = 42*3-2
246 = 124*2-2
Hence, 20 is the odd no.
A. 10.25 days
B. 11.5 days
C. 12.75 days
D. 9 daysView Answer / Hide Answer
10. Determine the value of 51/4*(125) 0.25
ANSWER: A. 10.25 days
Solution: A takes 9 days to complete a piece of work. B takes 12 days to complete a piece of work.
=> In one day A came complete 1/9th of the task(x/9)
=> In one day B can complete 1/12th of the job.(x/12)
First day x/9th work will be done next day x/12th and so on:
Together A and B can do x/9 + x/12 work.
=>(x/9) + (x/12) = 7/36th work done
In 10 days 35/36th of the work will be done.
On 11th day it will be A’s chance. It takes A 1 day to complete 1/9th work.
So, 1/36th work will be done in 1/4 days.
D. 125View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: A. 5
Solution: 125 can be written as 53.
Substituting this in equation: