Banking and financial awareness questions for bank exams - Set 2
1. Accounts are allowed to be operated by cheques in respect of:-
a. both saving and fixed accounts
b. saving and current accounts.
c. current and fixed accounts.
d. all type of accounts available.View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: b. saving and current accounts.
2. Mortgage is a :-
a. security on movable property for a loan given by a bank.
b. security on immovable property for a loan given by a bank.
c. facility on immovable property for a loan given by bank.
d. any security given for loan purposes.View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: b. security on immovable property for a loan given by a bank.
3. After how many days of non repayment of loan installments, the loan is termed as NPA:-
a. 120 days
b. 180 days
c. 90 days
d. from the day of lapse of payment.View Answer / Hide Answer
4. Which of the following will be termed as cross selling by banks?
i. sale of a debit card to a credit card older
ii. sale of insurance policy to a depositor
iii. insurance of cash against cheque presented by a third party.
a. only i
b. i and ii
c. ii and iii
d. all of the above.View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: d. all of the above.
5. Interest on savings bank account is now calculated by banks on:-
a. minimum balance during the month
b. minimum balance from 7th to last day of the month.
c. maximum balance during the month.
d. daily product basis.View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: d. daily product basis.
6. largest shareholder of a nationalized bank is:-
c. Govt. of India
d. ministry of financeView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: c. Govt. of India
7. Which of the following is not considered a money market instrument?
a. treasury bills
b. repurchase agreement
c. commercial paper
d. shares and bonds.View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: c. commercial paper
8. for resolving the complaints of customers, ombudsman charges:-
a. charges Rs. 500
b. charges Rs. 1000
C. charge of Rs. 100 deducted from bank account
d. does not charge any fees.View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: d. does not charge any fees.
9. Banks have different interest rates for different loan products. to which rate are they linked?
a. prime lending rates
b. base rate
c. RBI administered rates
d. bank rate
e. solely on discretion of the particular bankView Answer / Hide Answer
10. Committee related with the merger of RRbs with their sponsor bank is:-
a. Khusro committee
b. khan committee
c. malegam committee
d. narsimhan committee.View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: a. Khusro committee