Banking and financial awareness questions for bank exams - Set 4
1. The government wants to provide public sector banks "right to passage". What is right to passage?
a. the banks can raise equity capital through rights issue.
b. the banks can seize the hypothecated goods.
c. the banks can raise tier 1 capital.
d. the banks can issue various bonds.View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: a. the banks can raise equity capital through rights issue.
2. In case of joint accounts who can stop the payment?
a. by two account holders together.
b. any one of the account holders singly.
c. all the account holders with permission of the bank.
d. no one can stop the payment.View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: b. any one of the account holders singly.
3. A saving bank account becomes dormant or inoperative if there is no operation in the account for the last:-
a. 1 year
b. 8 moths
c. 6 months
d. 2 years.View Answer / Hide Answer
4. If a customer does not get satisfactory responses from the bank regarding his complaint he can approach the banking ombudsman with in how much time?
a. 15 days
b. 10 days
c. 1 month
d. 2moths.View Answer / Hide Answer
5. Where is India's first operational SEZ located?
d. Indore.View Answer / Hide Answer
6. What is the maximum population limit for a commercial bank branch to be declared as rural branch?
a. 1 lac
b. 2 lac
c. 4 lac
d. 5 lacView Answer / Hide Answer
7. With reference to banking the 15th day of the month is known as :-
a. banking day
b. customer's day
c. complaint day
d. non banking dayView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: b. customer's day
8. According to banking regulation act RBI can fix SLR upto the limit of:-
d. 75%View Answer / Hide Answer
9. The first bank to gain license from RBI for internet banking is:-
c. corporation bank
d. Oriental bank of commerce.View Answer / Hide Answer
10. The term currency of India refers to:-
a. one rupee notes and coins
b. bank notes issued by RBI .
c. both of them.View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: a. one rupee notes and coins