Banking and financial awareness questions for bank exams - Set 6
1. When RBI distributed banking licenses to Bandhan and IDFC, what was the number of total; applicants?
d. 27.View Answer / Hide Answer
2. What is the new deadline by RBI to implement BASEL 3 norms in India?
a. 31 March 2020
b. 31 March 2022
c. 31 March 2019
d. 31 March 2022.View Answer / Hide Answer
3. What is the financial instrument by which company invites public to invest their money in it and become a partner of the company?
d. Bond.View Answer / Hide Answer
4. The RBI introduced Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) in the year 2011-12 under which banks borrow funds from RBI in case of shortfall of liquidity. Banks can borrow upto how much of their net demand under thios facility?
d.1%.View Answer / Hide Answer
5. What are the essential informations which a person has to give for RTGS or NEFT remmitances?
a. Amount to be remitted.
B. IFSC code of the bank and its name
c. account number and name of beneficiary
d. MICR code of he receiving branch.
i. Only a and b
ii. Only c and d
iii. a b and c
iv. all of the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer
6. which among the following is not determined by RBI?
a. Repo rate
b. Bank rate
c. Base Rate
d. CRR View Answer / Hide Answer
7. What would you call an unsecured loan extended by one corporate to another?
a. Treasury bills
b. certificate of deposits
c. commercial papers
d. Inter corporate depositsView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: Inter corporate deposits
8. The process of replacing physical cheque with electronic cheque is known as?
d. Securitisation.View Answer / Hide Answer
9. Maximum period for which deposits can be obtained by a NBFC is?
a. 5 years
b. 10 years
c. 15 years
d. 2 years. View Answer / Hide Answer
10. The term “reserve” in Reserve Bank of Indicates that?
a. Reserve for govt. business alone
b. it keeps reserves of all commercial banks
c. no special significance
d. receives foreign currency. View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: it keeps reserves of all commercial banks
11. If a cheque is crossed as account t payee this is a direction of __ to __?
a. Payee, paying bank
b. Payee collecting bank
c. Drawer, paying bank
d. Drawer, collecting bank.View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: d. Drawer, collecting bank.
12. Possession of security practically by a banker is:-
d. none of the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer
13. The drawee of cheque is always :-
d. Bank.View Answer / Hide Answer
14. When banks sell third party products which type of risks are involved?
a. Reputation risks
b. Operational risk
c. Credit risk
d. Liquidity risk.View Answer / Hide Answer
15. GDP is the market value of:-
a. A country’s economic activities
b. a country’s internal trade relations
c. a country’s financial position
d. a country’s foreign trade.View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: a. A country’s economic activities