Incorporated in 1954, headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, BEL (Bharat Electronics Limited) is an indian state owned areospace and defence company. The company manufactures electronic communication equipments such as HF/VHF communication transmitters and receivers, microwave radio relays and radars, electronic components like radio, TV, etc.
Here, I am going to discuss you the selection process of campus placement at BEL.
Selection process at BELThe selection process of BEL has three rounds:
1. Written Test
2. Technical Interview
3. HR InterviewEligibility Criteria:
- 65 % throughout (Class X , XII and Graduation)
- Candidate must be from B.tech (Mechanical / Automobile)
The first round is written test. It has two sections: Aptitude and Technical. Aptitude section includes the questions from the topics like boats & streams problems, odd one out, direction problems, trains & pipes, cisterns, time and work etc.
Technical section questions are asked from Mechanical Engineering topics such as I.C engines, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, production etc.Some of the sample questions are asked in aptitude test,
1. Shyam can build a house alone in 16 days but Ram alone can build it in 12 days. Shyam and Ram work on alternate days. If Shyam works on first day, the house will be built in how many days?
2. Harry can do a job in 15 days. In how many days can Harry and Peter together complete the job if Peter is twice as fast as Harry?
3. What is DTSI technology?
Technical Interview Questions asked at BEL
Technical interview is fully based on the engineering fields of the candidate. The questions are asked from thermal, automobile and I.C. Engines and areas of your interest. Also knowledge on CATIA software, which is generally used for designing in automobile companies, will be an added advantage, as there are certain questions based on this software as well. Some of the sample questions are asked at technical interview
1. What is Pascal's Law? State its implications.
2. What are the advantages of smaller pressure angles?
3. The method of splitting a single force into two perpendicular components along x-axis and y-axis is called as _________.
HR Interview Questions asked at BEL
The final round is HR interview. HR person asks general questions in this round. But don't take this round very lightly, they can also some technical questions. Your confidence will be checked along with your comfortability level. HR person observes everything.Some of the sample questions are asked in HR interview,
1. Tell us about the working of a 6-stroke engine.
2. What is your greatest achievement?
3. If you face a problem with your own performance, what would you do?