Bharath university engineering entrance exam - BEEE
Bharath university engineering entrance exam – BEEE
Q. What is BEEE?
Ans. BEEE is Bharath Engineering Entrance Exam that is conducted by Bharath University, Chennai. It is Undergraduate type University level exam that the candidates have to qualify to get into various engineering courses offered by the University.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria to apply for BEEE to get admission into Bharath University for engineering courses?
Ans. For admission into engineering courses at Bharath University, for BEEE,
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 with minimum aggregate marks of 50% in the core subjects that is physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- For lateral entry, the candidate should be a diploma or a B.Sc. degree holder in any of the science subjects.
Admission to B.Tech. Course is based on the AICTE/UGC norms. It is done on the basis of the marks of qualifying examination and entrance exam.
Q. What is the selection procedure for admissions to B.Tech programs in Bharath University?
Ans. The admissions are allotted to the candidates on the basis of the BEEE marks and that of qualifying examination in the order of merit. In case of two or more candidates scoring same marks in the entrance exam, the selection is made on the basis of their performance in the qualifying examination.
Q. What is the paper pattern for BEEE exam?
Ans. The BEEE exam is divided into four parts:
- Physics with 30 questions and a total weightage of 30 marks.
- Chemistry with 30 questions and a total weightage of 30 marks.
- Mathematics with 30 questions and a total weightage of 30 marks.
- English with 10 questions and a total weightage of 10 marks.
There is a total weightage of 100 marks.
Q. Is there any negative marking in the BEEE question paper?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in the BEEE question paper.
Q. What is the application fee for BEEE?
Ans. The application fee for BEEE is approx Rs 900/-.
Q. What is the procedure for application for BEEE?
Ans. The candidate aspiring to take admission into Bharath University for Engineering courses need to fill the application form available in due time. The duly filled application form is to be sent to the University along with the application fee of Rs 900/-. The form may be filled in the following ways:
- Online: candidate may fill the form online, available on the official website of the university. The fee may also be paid online.
- Online with Demand Draft: candidate may fill the form online and need to download it. Then the payment may be made with a DD of Rs 900/- , drawn in favor of Bharath University, payable at Chennai.
- Direct: candidate may purchase the application form directly in person on payment of Rs 900/-.
Q. Is the B.Tech. Course offered by Bharath University approved by UGC?
Ans. Yes, the B. Tech. course offered by Bharath University is approved by UGC. The University is also recognized by Union Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Q. What is the official address of Bharath University?
Ans. The official Address of the university is
# 173, Agharam Road,
Selaiyur, Chennai-600 073
Q. How to apply for BEEE online?
Ans. The online application may be filled at the URL www.bharathuniv.ac.in/admissions. Here the registration may be done and payment may also be done online.
Q. What is the official website for Bharath University?
Ans. The website for Bharath University is www.bharathuniv.com.
Q. What is the contact number and email id for gathering information regarding BEEE?
Ans. The contact number of Bharath University is 91-44-2229 0742, 2229 0125. The email id is email@example.com.
Q. When is the BEEE held?
Ans. BEEE is held during the month of May.
Q. Where are the campuses of Bharath University?
Ans. Bharath University has four campuses, three are located in Chennai and one is located in Puducherry. The University has ties with several corporate and academic institutions.The collaboration with the Industries provides live technical experience to the students through practical applications.
Q. Which is the organizing body of Engineering courses of Bharath University?
Ans. The engineering faculty of Bharath University is known as Bharath Institute of Science and Technology (BIST). BIST was established in 1984 under the guidance of Sri Lakshmi Ammal Educational Trust and was recognized as a deemed university in 2003 by University Grants Commission (UGC).
Q. Is there any scholarship scheme for B.Tech. through BEEE from Bharath University?
Ans. The Bharath University grants scholarships for its Engineering courses according to the eligilibility of the candidate:
- 100 % of tuition fee is granted as a scholarship to the state toppers of all the boards and to the first 25 ranks of the entrance exam BEEE. It is also given to the students having scored above 95% above marks in the board exams.
- The participants of National level / State level sports competition are also eligible for the 100% fee scholarship.
- 50% fee is granted as scholarship to school toppers and also to the top 26 to 50th rank holders of BEEE.
- The participants of District level / Zonal level sports competition are also eligible for the 50% fee scholarship.
- 25% fee is granted as scholarship to the top 51 to 75th rank holders of BEEE.
- IIT/JEE/AIEEE and state rank holders may also be granted scholarships on the basis of their ranks in respective exams.
Q. Does the Bharath University offer Post Graduate Courses in Engineering?
Ans. Bharath University also offers Post Graduate courses in M.Tech., MBA and MCA programs. The admission is based on the basis of entrance exams. However, the candidates having a valid GATE score are exempted from entrance examination.
Q. What are the engineering courses offered at Bharath University?
Ans. The engineering courses offered at Bharath University are Computer Science and Engineering, Civil engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Q. What is the age limit for admission into B.Tech. Courses in Bharath University?
Ans. For admission into B.Tech. Courses in Bharath University, the candidate should have completed 17 years at the time of admission.
Q. When is the application form issued for BEEE?
Ans. The application forms for BEEE are issued mostly in the month of February. And the submission dates end by the month of April.
Q. Is BEEE conducted all over India?
Ans. BEEE is conducted in almost all the major cities of India.
Q. Does Bharath University offer integrated programs also?
Ans. Bharath University offers integrated programs like:
- Integrated B.Tech. + MBA, with duration of 5 years
- Integrated B.Tech. + M.Tech., with duration of % years.
- The University also offers integrated Ph.D/ M.S. programs by Research.
The detailed University Brochure may also be obtained from the official website www.bharathuniv.com.
Q. What is the official email id for query regarding admissions to the Bharath University?
Ans. The email id is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. When are the counseling dates scheduled after qualifying BEEE?
Ans. After qualifying BEEE, the counseling is held mostly in the month of June.
Q. Is the University involved in the training and placement of the candidates passing out of the University?
Ans. Bharath University makes sure that the candidate passing out of the University has a secured future. It has a separate Placement Division. The division provides:
- Industrial visits to have acquaintance with the working and corporate environment
- Counseling and Career Guidance- based on the department of the candidate
- Language skills and Training for the Interviews
- Arranges campus interviews from good and reputed firms across the nation.
Q. What is the mode of BEEE paper?
Ans. The BEEE paper may be taken in online mode or offline (paper –pencil based) mode.
Q. Does Bharath University offer Hostel Accommodation?
Ans. Bharath University offers an adequate fully equipped and separate hostel facility for boys and girls within the campus.
Q. How to obtain the detailed brochure of the Bharath University?
Ans. The brochure may be obtained from www.bharathuniv.com/downloads/Bharath-University-Brochure.pdf.