Capgemini Placement Experience and Process for Freshers - 2016
Capgemini came for an on campus at our college in Kolkata. Around 350 students from three colleges appeared for the selection process.The eligibility criteria put forward by them was:
This is how the selection process of Capgemini went ahead:
- 75% marks in HSC and B.Tech; and
- no backlogs from previous years.
1. Aptitude Test (Quantitative and Logical Reasoning)
2. Essay Writing
3. TR and HR Interview1. Aptitude Test
Capgemini conducted online aptitude in two sections – Quantitative and Logical Reasoning.
Quantitative aptitude section consisted of 16 questions for which time provided was 20 minutes.
Logical reasoning also consisted of 16 questions but time given was 15 minutes.
There was no negative marking for the test.
Questions in Quantitative were from problems on trains, time & distance, boats & streams and data interpretation.
Logical reasoning consisted of questions from blood relation, number series, patterns, coding & decoding and syllogism.
After completion of aptitude session, results were announced in which only 200 students got selected. The overall level of aptitude test was moderate to difficult.2. Essay Writing
The second round was essay writing. In this everyone was given a seperate topic to write an essay in 200-250 words in 30 minutes. The topics given were like:
- Describe your personality
- Most memorable day of your life
- Do we need watchdogs in our society
- Mention two things you regret in your life
- What does team work mean to you?
Essay writing was just to check your writing skills and typing speed.
This round was easy. Around 160 students qualified this round and were sent for interview.3. TR and HR interview
The last round conducted by the company was Technical and Human Resource Interview.
In technical round the interviewer asked following questions:
- What is singleton class?
- What is electronics and telecommunications?
- What is WLAN?
- What are the differences between CDMA, FDMA and TDMA?
- How is Java different from C++?
- How can we achieve inheritance in Java?
After 30 minutes of gap they announced the result in which 125 qualified students were listed for HR interview.
Questions asked by the HR in interview were:
- Introduce yourself.
- Tell something about Capgemini.
- What are the subsidiaries of Capgemini?
- Why should we hire you?
- What steps will you take to promote our company?
- What is your aim in life?
Finally,the selection process was over and out of 350 students 100 students were placed in the company for the post of Software Developer.Followings are some important things that will help you take the selection process more confidently and effectively:
- Carry all your documents.
- Listen to the questions and suggestions carefully.
- If you are not sure about the correct answer, make an educated guess else say “I don't know”.
- Make your vocals polite and clear. Don't sound arrogant.
- Ensure that your body language is pleasant.
- Dress neatly and demonstrate confidence.
- If you have any doubt regarding the job, do ask relevant questions.
- For essay writing, ensure that you have proof read your content well before hitting the “submit” button.