Career in Architectural Engineering - options and opportunities
Career in Architectural Engineering - options and opportunities - Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Architectural Engineering - options and opportunities -Juan Torrealba (07/29/14)
- We are a group of professionals, architects and engineers with extensive experience in design and construction of highly complex buildings earthquake-resistant structures and especially hospitals, looking for news opportunities of jobs outside our country.
- RE: Career in Architectural Engineering - options and opportunities -Sushil Prajapati (07/14/14)
- i study architechral assistensheep in diploma caurse in govet college in up. I am not know this caurse .please im guide me...
- RE: Career in Architectural Engineering - options and opportunities -Rohit Sharma (11/29/11)
Architectural engineering also termed as building engineering is a field which requires specialization in architectural aspects and principles of engineering. It is related to planning, designing and construction of building and architectural structures. It includes other engineering fields such as mechanical, electrical and Fire protection. Engineers in this field work with other architects on functional requirements of building projects. Architectural engineering is a bright field which focuses on several areas which includes structural integrity of buildings, analysis of heating and air conditioning system, design of electrical and fire protection systems, planning of energy conservation issues.
Performance and growth of industry in India
As of 2011, there are 17 accredited architectural engineering programs. In India around 200 colleges are there which provides degree in Architectural engineering. Due to lack or shortage of trained architects this field hasn’t got it due exposure. There is a high demand for trained architects in private construction companies to carry out various construction projects. India currently needs more than 10,000 trained professionals in various government and private organizations. Qualified professional are well placed in consultancy companies, architect firms, universities, etc. It is still one of the fields which require more attention to grow and to bring fresh talent in the market. It requires thoughtful thinking to grow this field in India and then worldwide. It has great scope in future and people can be trained to become professional in this field to make this world a better place.
Options and Opportunities
Soon architectural engineers will be in high demand to work in building structures. They can work in construction industry or its related areas. They can also have the option to go for non-profit organizations or firms. Research and Development fields or positions also suit them well and they can gain work experience to fit in any industry.
- B. Arch. (Architecture)
- B.E. Naval Architecture
- B.Tech. Architectural Engineering
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship
- Diploma in Architecture (Dip. Arch)
- For pursuing B.Arch/B.E/B.Tech in architectural engineering a candidate need to pass10+2 with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry
- For pursuing Post Graduation graduate degree is required from any recognised university.
Some good institutes
- Indian institute of Technology New Delhi,
- Indian institute of Technology Mumbai,
- Indian institute of Technology Guwahati,
- Indian institute of Technology Kanpur,
- Indian institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Birla Institute of Technology (BITS) - (Pilani and Ranchi.),
- Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi.,
- University of Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttar Pradesh
- NIT's (Regional engineering colleges) of different states
- Jai Narain Vyas University
- M.B.M. Engineering College (Mugniram Bangur Memorial Engineering College
- Rajasthan Institute of Technology and Engineering Science
- Entrance exams are conducted by council of architecture on all India bases.
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET)
- Various other institutes conduct their own Selection tests.