Career in Audio Engineering - options and opportunities
Career in Audio Engineering - options and opportunities- Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Audio Engineering - options and opportunities -Rohit Sharma (11/29/11)
Audio engineering deals with the basic principles of sound and voices. It is very vast and interesting field as it deals with the music, movies and theatre. Audio engineering consists of equipments to record, capture, mix, and reproduce the sound and voices using mechanical devices. This field is challenging but at the same time rewarding as well. This field includes some specific roles which include music producer, production composer, and recording engineer and so on. In this field recording and editing of sound takes place using digital means. This career requires people to have good aptitude and good analytical and engineering skills to learn and make a promising career out of that learning to survive in the modern generation. Audio engineering focuses on studying the sound technology and apply it in various fields to find the solution to the world’s current problems.
Performance and growth of industry in India
Audio engineering, also known as sound engineering is coming out to be a challenging career in India. Its scope in India is limited but it has huge potential for growth in entertainment industry. As everything is portable, movie and sound has become more and more prominent at home and in between people. So, people are taking interest in understanding the technology more and going for such a lucrative career. In 2008 20,000 audio engineers were being employed and the demand is growing everyday. In 2011 the demand has increased dramatically for sound engineers in audio and video industry. There are more people coming in cinema and more are going for HD quality videos and sounds. It is one of the rewarding fields and after experience a person can make a good career out of it.
Options and Opportunities
Audio engineering which is also termed as sound engineering is being divided into several parts such as acoustics, electronics and designers and people can choose their career according to the field of their interest. There are many opportunities for those who are well qualified in theoretical and practical applications, software aspects and technical knowledge of sound. Films, Video production, Sound broadcasting and advertising are some of the fields which have immense opportunity for audio engineers to grow and build their career in.
- Diploma of Audio Engineering and Sound Production
- Associate Degree of Audio Engineering and Sound Production
- Bachelor of Creative Technology (Audio Engineering and Sound Production)
- Diploma in Audio and Video Production
- For Diploma in Audio and Video Production/ Sound Recording and Sound Engineering, the candidate requires 10+2 with physics, chemistry and Mathematics
- For Post Graduate Certificate Course in Audiography and Television Engineering, Post Graduate Diploma in Audiography Bachelor’s degree is required in any specialization
- For Certificate Course in Sound Recording and Reproduction, 10+2 is required
Some good institutes
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
- A.D.M.E.C., New Delhi
- Film and Television Institute of Tamil Nadu, Chennai
- Institute of New Media Development and Research, Pune
- National Institute of Film and Fine Arts (N.I.F.F.A.), Kolkata
- Amadeus Media Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- Dr. Harisingh Gour University, Sagar
Various institutes conduct their own entrance exams