Career in Computer Aided Design (CAD) - options and opportunities
Career in Computer Aided Design (CAD) - options and opportunities - Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Computer Aided Design (CAD) - options and opportunities -Rajani Sharma (11/23/11)
Computer Aided Design (CAD) is an electronic tool to make a quick and accurate drawing with the use of computer. CAD uses science and business with creativity to design figures, curves, surfaces or solids in two and three dimensional objects. In CAD, computer models are created by defining geometric parameters that appears on a computer monitor as a 3D representation which can be altered by changing relevant parameters. Candidates who are working in Computer aided jobs are called CAD operators or Drafters and their main job is to evaluate, prepare and produce drawings and design layout and sketches using computer.
Performance and growth of industry in India
With the advancement of technology CAD has made its access in all areas where designing and creativity is required. Now a days it is not only restricted to engineers, architectures but is also used by other design professionals. In recent times, various industries are using CAD for product design in Automotive, Aerospace, and Prosthetics etc. This technology is even used to produce animation in movies, advertisements etc. which has opened new career avenues for the candidates in the field of CAD.
Options and Opportunities
Candidates with CAD diploma have varied opportunities in industries, manufacturing units, construction companies.
- M.Tech Computer Aided Design
- M.E Computer Aided Design
- Diploma in Auto CAD
- Certificate Course in Coral Draw
- Every Institute has their own eligibility criteria for CAD courses.
- For Diploma courses a candidate need to have a Diploma/Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Production/Automobile Engineering.
- For studying Engineering Drawing with CAD candidates need to have a plus two.
- For Post Graduate Programme candidates should possess graduate degree in engineering with 50% marks from any recognized university.
Some good institutes
- IITs National Institutions
- Anna University-AU-FRG
- Bhubananda Orissa School of Engg.
- Dauto CAD School, Bhopal
- SITS, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Sarab Institute of Information Technology.
- Birla Institute of Technology
- Govt. Polytechnic
Every Institute has their own entrance exams for conducting CAD programme in their institute.