Career in Computer Engineering - options and opportunities
Career in Computer Engineering - options and opportunities - Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Computer Engineering - options and opportunities -devik (12/08/14)
- Hi everyone, first if all thanks for the article.. very informative..!! Even one of my friend is doing B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Cloud Computing & Virtualization Technology from UTM, Shillong. He told me that he is very happy there as the faculty is very experienced and infrastructure is also very good. Even I m planning the same
- RE: Career in Computer Engineering - options and opportunities -Priya Saxena (12/08/14)
Very informative! This would be of great help for those who are looking forward to make a career in computer engineering. I would also like to add a few unique and demanding academic programs to the course list you've provided:
B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Cloud Computing & Virtualization Technology
B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Oil & Gas Informatics which open multiple opportunities in Oil and gas sector and various aspects of cloud.
These programs are available at UTM Shillong and that too in academic collaboration with IBM. So those who are looking forward to make a career in this field, should check these specializations as well.
- RE: Career in Computer Engineering - options and opportunities -Rohit Sharma (11/30/11)
Computer Engineering is one of the fastest growing fields in India which have growth opportunities for talented people. It consists of two streams of engineering one is software engineering and the other is hardware engineering. Computer Engineering involves designing, testing, development of the components. It combines the principles and techniques of computer science and electrics to build computer based systems. Computer Engineers work in a team and apply their knowledge of science and mathematics for the development and design of a computer. This field gives lots of job opportunities to the people who have good knowledge of computing and has the knowledge to apply the principles in the right direction.
Performance and growth of industry in India
Computer engineers are in high demand due to growth in telecommunication sector. India is rapidly growing in this domain and this domain is having one of the highest salary offers from the companies. It contributes around 5.19% in the GDP. 2.5 million people are already employed in this sector. IT-BPO sector has garnered $54.33 billion in 2010-11 which is more in comparison to China with $35.76 billion and Philippines with $8.85 billion. It is expected to grow more as the business and people taking up this subject is increasing rapidly. India is coming out to be a growing IT sector which is having main IT-hubs in Bangalore and Hyderabad.
Options and Opportunities
Computer engineering provides a lot of career opportunities to Computer engineers in the field of software as well as hardware. Engineers in this field can opt for programming, development, analysis, system study, design and other areas. Due to the increase in the use of the technology computer engineers are in huge demand. Nowadays high tech companies are hiring computer engineers with good communication skills and technical skills in this field. The engineers in this field can also look for job opportunities in private and public industries, government departments, business organizations, manufacturing sector, commercial organizations.
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. Computer Technology
- B.Sc. Software Engineering
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Information Technology
- B.Tech. Computer Software Engineering
- M.E./M.Tech in Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- M.E./M.Tech in Software Engineering
- M.E./M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E. Computer Science and Information Technology
- M.E. Computer Technology and Applications
- M.E. Systems Engineering and Operations Research
- M.Tech. Computer and Communication Engineering
- M.Tech. Computer Applications in Industrial Drives
- M.Tech. Computer System and Networking
- M.Tech. Internet and Network Engineering
- M.Tech. Network and Internet Engineering
- M.Tech. Network Engineering
- M.Tech. Softcomputing and Machine Learning
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Technology
- Diploma in Software Engineering
- Ph.D. Computer Science and Engineering
- The eligibility criteria for pursuing B.E/B.Tech in Computer Engineering is 10+2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics from any recognised board.
- The eligibility for diploma in computer engineering is 10+2 with science subjects.
- The eligibility for M.E/M.Tech in Computer Engineering is B.E/B.Tech in Computer Engineering.
Some good institutes
- National Institute of Technology
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technology University
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Madras
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Guwahati
- National Institute of Technology
- College of Engineering, Anna University
- PSG College of Technology
- VIT University
- Thapar Unviersity, Patiala
- University of Calcutta
Following are the entrance exam for Graduate level:
- All India Engineering Entrance Exams (AIEEE)
- COMEDK Undergraduate Entrance Test
- Delhi University Combined Entrance Examination
- EAMCET (Engineering, Agriculture and Medicine Common Entrance Test)
- Goa Common Entrance Test (CET)
- Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IIT JEE)
- Kerala Law Entrance Examination (KLEE)
- Orissa Joint Entrance Exam (JEE)
- SRM University Engineering Entrance Exam
- Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Examination (TNPCEE)
- Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam