Career in Fire Engineering - options and opportunities
Career in Fire Engineering - options and opportunities - Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Fire Engineering - options and opportunities -Rohit Sharma (12/01/11)
Fire engineering is very daring and dangerous profession which requires carefulness and lots of dedication to do the work perfectly. It utilizes the principles of Engineering and sciences to protect people from dangerous scenarios. Fire engineering also teaches them how to survive and protect others from destructive consequences of smoke and fire. Fire engineers do designing and developing of the fire system which helps them to reduce the consequences of fire. They also implement the system so that any destructive scenes can be avoided. This field deals with the prevention of fire. It also deals with reducing the causality which happens on day to day basis by providing safety measure and increasing the parameters of standard of living. It helps one understands the phenomena of fire and the effect of it.
Performance and growth of industry in India
Fire engineering is one of the toughest and demanding fields. It is the noblest field as it deals with saving of life of many people around. The growth in this sector is increasing on day to day basis as many people are now getting aware of the safety and prevention. People are taking extra measures to learn all these things and apply it such that they can also use it in case of emergency. The growth is rising due to increase in demand of safety. These engineers are responsible for finding the causes and consequences of fire and they try to find the way to solve and improve the ways.
Options and Opportunities
Fire engineering provides many options and opportunities for those who are interested in grabbing the chance to develop and learn something new. It is one of the dangerous fields but it allows one to protect others from any danger. Engineers of this field can go in any sector either government or private according to their interest and choices. They can also get employed in other industries such as chemical or inflammable products manufacturing firms like petroleum refineries, textiles, fertilizers, etc. The scope is very vast in the field of manufacturing, chemicals, handling bottling plants.
- B.E. Fire Engineering
- B.Tech. Fire and Safety Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Fire and Safety Engineering
- Diploma in Fire and Industrial Safety Engineering
- Diploma in fire and safety engineering management (DFSEM)
- Diploma in Fire and Safety Engineering (DFSE)
- Diploma in Fire Engineering
- Diploma in Industrial Safety Engineering (DISE)
- Certificate Course in Fire and Safety Engineering (CFSE)
- The eligibility criteria for BE in Fire Engineering is BSc with Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics or both as optional subjects. The age limit for joining BE is between 19 to 24.
- The eligibility criteria for certificate and diploma courses in fire engineering are 10 + 2 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry or its equivalent examination.
Some good institutes
- Delhi Institute of Fire Engineering
- Institute of Fire and Safety Engineering, Nagpur
- Government Polytechnic College, Kerala
- College of Fire and Industrial Safety Engineering, Kerala
- Indian Fire Services Engineering and Safety Management College, Maharashtra
- International Institute of Fire and Safety, Kerala
- International Institute of Safety Management and Technology, Kerala
- Institute of Fire Engineers, Nagpur
- National Centre for Professional Training, Kerala
- All India Engineering/ Architecture Entrance Examination
- Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers Examination
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
- ISAT Admission Test
- Indian Institute of Space science and Technology Entrance exam
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
- National Aptitude Test in Architecture
- SLIET Entrance Test (SET)
- State wise Entrance Examinations