Career in ICWAI - options and opportunities
Career in ICWAI - options and opportunities - Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in ICWAI - options and opportunities -ans (01/31/12)
- plz make changes icwai renamed as icai
- RE: Career in ICWAI - options and opportunities -Rajani Sharma (11/28/11)
Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India established by an act of Parliament in the year 1959 is the only professional body specialised in the field of Cost and Management Accounting in India. Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) promotes, regulates, and develops the profession of Cost Accountancy in India. The main job of a Cost Accountant is to collect, assimilate, and analyze financial information from all areas of the organization. A degree in cost accounting equips a candidate with the adequate knowledge to manage finance of the organization competently and ensure managerial decisions are well within the available resources.
Performance and growth of industry in India
With the globalization of the economy, there is a high demand of cost and management professionals and in the near future more professionals will be required with the good knowledge of cost accounting.
Options and Opportunities
ICWAI passed candidates can hold top management positions such as Financial Controller, Cost Controller, Accountant, Finance Manager, and Chief Internal Auditor etc. After having Certification of manufacturing account as per Customs Act and Certification under Export & Import Policy they can also start their own business in Consultancy assignments.
- Foundation Course
- Intermediate Course(Part I)
- Intermediate Course(Part II)
- Final Course(Part III)
- Final Course (Part IV)
- Candidates with senior secondary (10+2) qualification are eligible to join the Foundation course. Students awaiting their 10+2 results may be permitted to appear in the Foundation Course examination.
- Students with their Bachelor’s degree can directly enroll in Intermediate Course.
Some good institutes
The ICWAI offers two types of tuition – Postal through its four Regional Councils situated in four metropolises and oral through its more than 106 affilitated Oral Coaching Centres spread all over teh country. Apart from this there are many other good institutes available-
- C.S. Academy, Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh)
- Disha Education Services, Katni (Madhya Pradesh)
- Fortune Tutorials, Vadodara (Gujarat)
- Institute of Commerce Studies, Tinsukia (Assam)
- Institute of Finance and Capital Market Technology, Nagercoil (Tamil Nadu)
- International Institute of Certified Corporate Accountants (IICCA), New Delhi (Delhi)
- Learners Point, Gurgaon (Haryana)
- Naresh S.Shah and Company, Mumbai (Maharashtra)
- Prime School Of Professionals, Nagpur (Maharashtra)
- R.K.M. India, New Delhi (Delhi)
- Target Zone, Mandsaur (Madhya Pradesh)
- The Institute of Computer Accountants (I.C.A.), Rourkela (Orissa)
ICWAI exams are held twice in a year during the month of June and December at various centres of the country.