Career in Investment Management - options and opportunities
Career in Investment Management - options and opportunities- Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Investment Management - options and opportunities -Rajani Sharma (11/26/11)
Investment management is a specialised branch of management. In investment management various assets such as equities, bonds, securities and other debt instruments are managed professionally. These services are sought by investors which could be banks, insurance companies, individuals or other companies in order to meet the stated financial goals. An investment manager is a person specialised in a particular field, offering services in wealth management or portfolio management.
Performance and growth of industry in India
In India investment industry is really broad and riding high since last few years. Equity market has doubled since March 2009 as the industry has been growing from an em3erging market to a developed market. The future of Investment industry in india will surely give good returns. The overall contribution made by the financial services sector in the year 2009 was 15% towards the GDP of the country.
Options and Opportunities
Candidates with degree, diploma or certificate course in investment management can hold various positions such as Executive Trainess/Analysts, Investment Banker, Security Broker, Security Trader, Financial Planner, Investment Analyst, Investment Manager/Portfolio Manger, Investment Advisory, Portfolio management marketing, Equity analyst etc.
- Bacherlors degree in Financial & Investment Analysis
- Masters in Finance and Control
- MBA Financial Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Chartered Financial Analyst
Graduate from any recognised university with some years of corporate experience.
Some good institutes
- Indian Institute of Banking and Finance
- Indian School of Business and Finance
- Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- The Orion Institute of Capital Market
- The Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Various management institutes conduct their own entrance exams for Investment Managemetn course.