Career in Medical Transcription - options and opportunities
Career in Medical Transcription - options and opportunities - Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Medical Transcription - options and opportunities -Rajani Sharma (11/23/11)
Medical Transcription is one of the fastest growing sectors in health care. It is an interesting career opportunity. A person who accurately transcribes medical records dictated by doctors is known as Medical transcriptionists. His main duty is to listen and write down the recorded dictations by physicians regarding patient’s diagnosis and treatments. He also assists physicians, surgeons by transcribing and proof reading their dictated report of a patient’s health history.
Performance and growth of industry in India
Medical Transcription is one of the fastest growing professions in health care industry due to the increased technological advancement in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. It could be one of the speedy growing IT enable services in India with a rapid change in the outlook in Indian healthcare and privatization of the insurance sector. The demand for medical transcriptionists is going to increase even further due to the needs of the aging population and growing popularity of outsourcing transcription by healthcare providers. If the work standards and quality of services are improved in India then there is a wide scope of opportunities for the huge mass of English speaking and computer literate people in the country.
Options and Opportunities
It is lucrative career with lots of options available for a medical transcriptionist. He can either work from home or work in a hospital for a medical transcription service. Other options include working in a doctor’s office, attorney’s office, insurance company or a company marketing medical products. With some good experience one can move on to become a editor, supervisor, trainer or manager of a medical transcription unit.
- Certificate Course in Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcription Internship Program
- Diploma in Medical Transcription
To get into this field a candidate should have Graduate degree with English comprehension skills. Training course in Medical Transcriptionist will be an added advantage.
Some good institutes
- Askribe Medical Transcription Services, Andhra Pradesh
- Delta School of Medical Transcription, Himachal Pradesh
- Focus Infosys, Karnataka
- Induj Infotech Ltd, Maharashtra
- Infosoftech Technologies, New Delhi
- Academy of Medical Transcription, New Delhi
- Baja Institute of Information Technology, New Delhi
- K.G Informatino Systems (P) Ltd, Tamil Nadu
- Saral Software Solutions, Gujarat
- Annamalai University Entrance Exam
- University of Mumbai Entrance Exam
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Entrance Exam
- MGM Institute of Health Science Entrance Exam
- Bala Farid University of Health Sciences Medical Transcrition
- BLDE University Post Graduate Entrance Test
- DNB-CET 2011 NATBOARD DNB Common Entrance Test