Career in Nanotechnology - options and opportunities
Career in Nanotechnology - options and opportunities - Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Nanotechnology - options and opportunities -Dr Prasad P (04/25/15)
- Srinivas Institute of Technology, Mangaluru offering Bachelor of Engineering course in Nano Technology from 2013 onwards. Students from Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nandu, Jammu and Kashmir are pursuing the degree. The couse is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- RE: Career in Nanotechnology - options and opportunities -Rohit Sharma (12/01/11)
Nanotechnology is the upcoming field which interests many people due to its advancement in technological area. It is the engineering of functional systems at molecular level which consists of principles and technology of the work. It is the science of the future which includes innovations which can change the world. Nanotechnology is the form of molecular engineering which is associated with the creation of minute elements. Materials made out of it are light but at the same time strong and transparent which can uphold any active and aggressive chemical reaction. Nanotechnology uses nano materials which are the mixture of strong and weak but more efficient material. Examples of nanotechnology are Carbon and diamond. It combines other fields such as chemistry, physics, engineering, biology etc. to design and manufacture the molecular structure.
Performance and growth of industry in India
The concept of nanotechnology is very new to India and might take some time to get used to this technology. However people have realized the potential of this field in commercial field. It is also getting used in fields like electronics, healthcare markets, and other industrial products. Research and Development is going on to understand the growth of it in the market. The industry is growing in various sectors such as pharmaceuticals and medical products, electronics and computing, energy generation, textiles, metals, auto and auto components, aviation etc. The technology is being expected to grow by 2010-2015.
Options and Opportunities
The opportunities in nanotechnology are tremendous but it requires lots of dedication and hard work to achieve the level of expertise in this field. The sectors which are developing are medical sciences, electronics, information technology and other disciplines which are using this technology to understand the growth and usability of this technology. People in this field can develop themselves in health industry, agriculture, environment industry, food and beverages, space research, and other industries as it has a very wide scope.
- M.S. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- M.Sc. Nanoscience
- M.Tech. Health Care Nanotechnology (Integrated)
- M.Tech. Nanomedical Sciences
- M.Tech. Nanotechnology
- M.Tech. Nanotechnology (Integrated)
- Ph.D. Nanoscience and Technology
- Ph.D. Nanotechnology
- Certificate Course in Nanotechnology
- Diploma in Nanotechnology
- Integrated Dual Degree (B.Tech./M.Tech.) in Nanotechnology
The eligibility criteria to pursue career in nanotechnology is post graduate degree in the subject. For the post graduation in nanotechnology candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks aggregate in Maths, Physics, chemistry and life sciences with PCS as subsidiary subjects.
Some good institutes
- Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore;
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- National Physical Laboratory, Delhi
- Solid State Physics Laboratory, Delhi
- National Chemical Laboratory, Pune
- Central Scientific Instruments Organization, Chandigarh
- Defence Materials Store Research & Development Organizations, Kanpur
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- Amity Institute of Nanotechnology, Noida
- Delhi University
- Benaras Hindu University
- Aligarh Muslim University Postgraduate Entrance Exam
- Amrita University M.Tech in Nanotechnology/Molecular Medicine Common Entrance Test
- Awadhesh Pratap Singh University M.Sc Common Entrance Test (CET)
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Postgraduate Entrance Test
- Central University Common Entrance Test (CUSET)
- Chaudhary Charan Singh University M.Sc Nanotechnology Entrance Exam
- Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAM)
- Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Vellore Institute of Technology Master’s Entrance Exam (VITMEE)
- Maitreyi College PG Diploma in Nanotechnology Entrance exam
- Manonmaniam Sundaranar University M.Sc Nanotechnology Entrance Exam
- NIPER Joint Entrance Examination
- Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test
- SRM Engineering Entrance Examination