Career in Public Relation - options and opportunities
Career in Public Relation - options and opportunities- Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Public Relation - options and opportunities -Rajani Sharma (11/26/11)
Public relation is a function of management which monitors and evaluates public attitude and maintains mutual relationships between the public and an organisation. Public includes shareholders, consumers, government, media and employees. Their first objective is to improve channels of communication and establish new channels of a two way flow of information and understanding.
Performance and growth of industry in India
With the increase in the number of private and public sector, every organisation is in the need to market their product and services which has given the public relation a new dimension. It has become a new career option in India giving various job opportunities to the candidates. The role of public relation officer becomes important in crisis situtations.
Options and Opportunities
Public relation officers have various job opportunities in the public sector, government sector, corporate sector, hotels, banks, financial institutions, private consultancy, tourist agencies, etc. Today many political figures, film stars, models need someone who can do their work for them. They have to work within and outside of the organization. Lobbying is a new interesting area of work in public relation.
- Degree Course in Public Relations
- MA in Public Relations
- Masters Degree in Journalism and Public Relations
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations and Advertising
- Diploma in Public Relations
- Diploma in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
- Certificate Course in Basic Public Relations
- Certificate Course in Advertising and Public Relations
To enroll in public relation course a candidate must hold a bachelors degree in any stream, preferably in humanities, social science or liberal arts.
Some good institutes
- University of Mumbai: Department of Communication and Journalism
- Shool of Broadcasting and Communication, Maharashtra
- Aligarh Muslim University, UP
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, MP
- Indian Institute of Journalism, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Public Relations, New Delhi
- YMCA Institute of Mass Media Studies, New Delhi
- The Advertising Academy, New Delhi
- Xavier’s Institute of Communication
- Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication
Written test is conducted by various Institutes to test the basic communication skills of candidate.