Career in Retail Management - options and opportunities
Career in Retail Management - options and opportunities - Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Retail Management - options and opportunities -Rajani Sharma (11/23/11)
Retailing is basically buying, selling and delivering of goods and services as demanded by customers at an affordable and competitive price. It involves coordination between various business activities right from the designing of product, delivery and post delivery service to the customers. This industry has contributed significantly to the economic growth of many countries and is one of the fastest changing and vibrant industries in the world today.
Performance and growth of industry in India
Indian Retail industry is the 5th most attractive and emerging market in the world and is expected to grow with a compounded rate of 30% over the next five years. Retail Management has become one of the fastest growing careers in the industry with the tremendous growth in the economy. During the past few years, the expansion of retail industry has demanded more number of trained professionals in this field. It offers 2 million job opportunities worldwide. It is the industry with an array of activities starting from marketing to branding, looking for people at all levels, from school pass outs to management professionals. This makes it one of the most demanding careers of the era.
Options and Opportunities
Candidates with a course in Retail Management can get a job in supervisory, client communication, merchandise shipment, sales and administrative stores. He can work as store manager, retail manager, retail buyer and merchandiser, analyst, specialist, visual merchandiser, supply chain distributor, Marketing Executive, Logistics and Warehouse Manger, etc.
- Bachelor of Fashion Retail Management
- MBA in Marketing and Retail Management
- MBA in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Retail Management
- Diploma in Retail Management
- For Bachelor’s Degree of Diploma a candidate needs to pass Senior Secondary Exam (10+2) in any stream.
- For Post Graduate Diploma, a candidate must be a graduate in any stream from a recognized university.
Some good institutes
- Appeyjay Institute of Business Studies, Gurgaon
- Indian Retail School, New Delhi
- Asia Pasific Institute of Management, New Delhi
- Birla Institue of Management Technology, New Delhi
- Retailers Association of India, Mumbai
- Pearl Academy of Fashion, New Delhi
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Amity Business School, Noida
- DAV Institute of Management, Faridabad
- I.P.S Institute, Meerut
Various Institutes conduct their own entrance exam for admission of the students.