Career in Securities Analysts - options and opportunities
Career in Securities Analysts - options and opportunities - Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Securities Analysts - options and opportunities -Rajani Sharma (11/28/11)
Security analysis is the analysis of tradeable financial instruments called securities. These can further be classified into debt securities, equities etc. Sometimes futures contracts and tradable derivatives are also included. Analysis of securities is divided into fundamental analysis, which relies upon the examination of fundamental business factors , and technical analysis, which focuses more upon price trends and momentum.
Performance and growth of industry in India
After globalization of Indian economy, requirement for the professionals who are expert in stock market has been increased. Considering the increase in demand for Stock Market experts, a P.G. Diploma Course in Capital Market and Security Analysis has been introduced. Now in coming years more and more securities analysts will be required in the market to analyze the trend in the economy.
Options and Opportunities
After completing course in securities analysis candidates can be appointed in any of the following institutions:
- Stock Analysis and Trading.
- Derivatives Analysis and Trading.
- Commodities Analysis and Trading.
- Forex Management.
- Portfolio/Fund Management.
- Treasury Management.
- Operations Management.
- Financial Modeling.
- Academic Research.
- Post Graduate Course in Capital market and Financial Services
- Post Graduate Diploma in Securities Analysis and Trading
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning
- Securities Markets Programme
- Post Graduate Diploma in Fundamentals of Capital market Development
Graduation with relevant experience or MBA/Post Graduation from any recognised university.
Some good institutes
- International College of Financial Planning, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Capital Markets,
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India, New Delhi
- Institute of Financial and Investment Planning, Mumbai
- Bombay Stock Exchange Training Institute, Mumbai
- Institute of Capital market development, New Delhi
Every Institute conducts its own entrance exam.