Cause of action - Logical Reasoning questionsDirections for questions 1-20: In each of the following questions, a statement is followed by two courses of action. You have to decide which of the courses of action logically follow for the given statement. Choose
A) Only 1 follows
B) Only 2 follows
C) Either 1 or 2 follows
D) Neither 1 nor 2 follows
E) Both 1 & 2 follow 1) Every year a large number of people in Jammu-Kashmir die due to severe cold.
(1) People should be advised to wear proper warm clothes and other amenities during winter.
(2) The government should provide warm clothes and other amenities to people of Jammu-Kashmir during winter.View Answer / Hide Answer2) People consuming groundnut oil in their diet have more chances of getting high cholesterol than people consuming olive oil.
(1) Groundnut oil should be banned in the market.
(2) People should prefer olive oil over groundnut oil in their diet.View Answer / Hide Answer3) There is a proposal for C-company to clear the roadside shops in area X for a redevelopment project.
(1) The redevelopment project should not take place
(2) The company should compensate the shopkeepers with reasonable amount.View Answer / Hide Answer4) The society has suffered major thefts due to absence of security guard.
(1) A security guard should be hired immediately for the society.
(2) Regular visitors in the society should be provided with identity card to keep a check on who is coming and going in the society.View Answer / Hide Answer5) Ron forcibly snatched the workbook of Andy in class and is not returning it back.
(1) Andy should approach the teacher for help in getting back the book.
(2) Andy should also snatch Ron’s book and shouldn’t return him back.View Answer / Hide Answer6) It is sad that many women in our country are still suffering from domestic violence.
(1) Women should take strict action against it and lodge a complaint in the police against those who are involved in it.
(2) A strict law should be passed to control domestic violence in the country.View Answer / Hide Answer7) The high incidence of infant deaths is a major cause for concern for the health ministry.
(1) Government should increase their budget for providing better health services.
(2) Parents should be advised for not allowing their children to have junk food.View Answer / Hide Answer8) Amar was caught copying in the exam.
(1) Amar should be failed in all the subjects.
(2) Amar should be punished for copying in the exam.View Answer / Hide Answer9) A 10-year old child was caught stealing the gold ring of a woman.
(1) The child should be beaten very badly.
(2) The child should be put in jail.View Answer / Hide Answer10) most of the manufacturing companies in India are running in losses.
(1) The companies running in losses should be shut down.
(2) Prospects of privatization of these companies must be explored.View Answer / Hide Answer11) A large number of people are expected to gather at Nariman Point tomorrow to see the shooting of the movie. This may create a nuisance for the local residents as well as the shooting team.
(1) The local police authority should be put on high alert to maintain law and order.
(2) The civic authority should monitor the crowd.View Answer / Hide Answer12) There is a chance of increase in grains’ price in the state of Maharashtra.
(1) The state government should make available network of fair price shops for the sale of grains during the shortage period.
(2) The state government should purchase and store sufficient quantity of grains in advance to control price.View Answer / Hide Answer13) Seema is suffering from cancer.
(1) She may have to undergo a chemotherapy treatment.
(2) The cancer may lead her to death. View Answer / Hide Answer14) There is a forecast of less rainfall in the next year.
(1) The government should make arrangements to provide water to the affected areas.
(2) The farmers should be advised to be prepared for the eventuality.View Answer / Hide Answer