CMAT 2014-2015 - Combined Management Aptitude Test
Introduction to CMAT
CMAT – Combined Management Aptitude Test is conducted by AICTE for admissions to MBA courses in institutes all across India. CMAT is an online Test conducted online, twice a year. The candidates can appear for both the tests for an academic year. The better of two scores is considered for short-listing. However, one can appear for the test only once during one test window.
One should register for the test from a personal e-mail address which they will be using for next eight months from registration. You must regularly check your inbox as all the important communication including the admit card etc. are sent to this e-mail address.
CMAT score is also considered for admission to part-time MBA courses approved by AICTE.
Rather than eliminating the candidates based on their CMAT score, the candidates are ranked for their admission to various MBA colleges. The institutes select the students as per their merit.
CMAT Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should hold a graduate degree in any discipline under (10+2+3) system with a minimum of 50% marks (45% in case of candidates from reserved category)
- Those currently pursuing the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.
- Those who have done their graduation through part time or distance learning are also eligible to apply for the test. The course must be approved by respective statutory bodies.
How’s the test conducted?
- CMAT is an online test requiring the candidates to appear for the test at an allotted test centre. The computer terminal is allotted to the candidate by the authorities and can not be chosen.
- It is possible to move back and forth between the sections.
- Scratch paper is provided at the desk to carry out the rough work.
- A trial test is usually made available online for the candidates to familiarize themselves with the screens, layouts and navigations.
- Time : 3 hrs.
- Number of questions: 100
- Max Marks : 400
- The test has a negative marking, awarding -1 mark for every wrong answer.
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation - 25 questions
- Logical Reasoning- 25 questions
- Language Comprehension - 25 questions
- General Awareness - 25 questions
How to contact CMAT?
- Helpline number : 022-40679404
- Fax number : 022-25814283
- E-mail id: email@example.com
- Website: http://aicte-cmat.in/College/Index_New.aspx
Important Dates for CMAT 2014-15 (First Test)
- Registration window opens on - 29.06.2013
- Last Date for Online Registration - 21.08.2013
- Print out of Hall ticket From - 12.09.2013
- Computer based test dates in India - 26.09.13 to 30.09.13
- Test Timings in India 9.30 am - 12.30 pm , 2.30 pm - 5.30 pm
- Computer based test in Foreign Countries On 29.09.2013
- Declaration of result 20.10.2013
- Print out of score cards From 20.10.2013 to 20.11.2013