Coal and Ash Handling in Thermal Power Plant - MCQs with answers
Coal and Ash Handling in Thermal Power Plant - MCQs with answersQ1. The best coal suitable for the production of energy is_________________.
d. PeatView Answer / Hide AnswerQ2. Name the system that is mainly employed for the disposal of fly ash.
c. Both (a) & (b)
d. Steam jet system.View Answer / Hide AnswerQ3. What is the superior quality of coal called?
d. PeatView Answer / Hide AnswerQ4. The coal with highest ash content is?
b. Steam coal
c. Coking coal
d. Bituminous coalView Answer / Hide AnswerQ5. The major content of coal in India is ________________.
c. Fly ash
d. CinderView Answer / Hide AnswerQ6. On which factor does the calorific value of coal depend on?
a. Ash content.
b. Size of coal particles
c. Moisture content.
d. Volatile material.View Answer / Hide AnswerQ7. The elements that are combustible in the fuel are
a. Carbon and hydrogen.
b. Carbon, hydrogen and ash.
c. Carbon, hydrogen and sulphur.
d. Carbon, nitrogen and ash.View Answer / Hide Answer
Q8. What is the percentage of ash content in Indian coal?
ANSWER: c. Carbon, hydrogen and sulphur.
a. 5 %
b. 10 %
c. 20 %
d. 30 %View Answer / Hide AnswerQ9. Which of the following is the essential element for the combustion of fuel?
b. Correct fuel air ratio.
c. Proper ignition temperature.
d. All of these.View Answer / Hide AnswerQ10. What is pulverised coal?
a. Non smoking coal.
b. Coal free from ash.
c. Coal broken into fine particles.
d. Coal which burns for long time.View Answer / Hide Answer
Q11. Why is pulverised coal used?
ANSWER: c. Coal broken into fine particles.
a. Better burning.
b. Increased calorific value of coal.
c. Medium size units.
d. Less radiation loss.View Answer / Hide Answer
Q12. What is the important factor in fuel selection?
ANSWER: a. Better burning.
a. Cost of fuel.
b. Calorific value
c. Both (a) & (b).
d. None of these.View Answer / Hide Answer
Q13. Ash handling system is mainly divided into________________ systems.
ANSWER: c. Both (a) & (b).
a. Mechanical handling
d. All of theseView Answer / Hide Answer
- RE: Coal and Ash Handling in Thermal Power Plant - MCQs with answers -Ahsan (07/19/19)
- Good information and some more info like size of coal and equipment descriptions or dictionary of these terms to be included.
- RE: Coal and Ash Handling in Thermal Power Plant - MCQs with answers -CH RAMAKRISHNA (06/22/16)
- GREAT JOB BOSS...this website is helping me for electrical mcq..keep updating... ONE DOUBT:for which type of exams these bits are useful.i am preparing for ssc je exam.is this enough or do i have to refer other material..????/
- RE: Coal and Ash Handling in Thermal Power Plant - MCQs with answers -Bijay (11/11/15)
- Good , But need some more question & answers for interview preparation