Cost of studying Public Relations and list of institutes
What is the cost of doing a PR course? Is there any scholarship programme that I can avail?
The pricing structure of a good PR course is variable. It totally depends upon the college you choose. It can range from R. 10,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- per annum. For example, if you have been selected with St. Xavier’s college, Mumbai, which is affiliated with the University of Mumbai, the fees is around Rs. 12,000/- per year. However, private colleges charge a huge amount of sum from students. Thus it is advisable to do such a course from a college affiliated by a renowned university.
If you wish to finance your PR course, you may try availing educational loans offered by various banks. They allow you to repay the money back after you complete your education or by working while you study as well. State Bank of India offers a maximum loan upto Rs. 7,50,000/-.
What are the various institutes that I can apply in for a course in PR?
There are various colleges that are there for this particular course. Some of them are as:
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, University of Lucknow, Lucknow, Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi, South Delhi Polytechnic for Women, New Delhi, Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune, Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Mumbai, Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal University, Manipal, Amity School of Communication, Xavier Institute of Communications, St Xavier's College, Mumbai.
Please find below the list of few good colleges with the course they offer - :
- School of Convergence - New Delhi, Delhi - PG Diploma in Applied Journalism & Media Communication
- Visva - Santiniketan, West Bengal - Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication
- Xavier Institute of Communications - Mumbai, Maharashtra - Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations & Corporate Communication,
- Post Graduate Diploma in Film, Television & Digital Video Production, North Orissa University - Baripada, Orissa - Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication, Post - Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations
- National Institute Of Mass Communication And Journalism - Ahmedabad, Gujarat - Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication And Journalism
- Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication (AIMC) - New Delhi, Delhi - Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations and Event Management
- All India Institute Of Management Studies - Chennai, Tamil Nadu - Post Graduate Diploma - Advertising, Journalism And Public Relations, Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising And Public Relations