Courses and institutes for Video Jockeys (VJ)
What are the various courses that I can do to become a Video Jockey?
There are various courses that you can apply to but you need to do a specialized course to be a Video Jockey. Some of the courses are - :
- B.A. in Journalism
- M.A. in Media Communication and Management
- Master of Communication Studies
- M.A. in Mass Communication
- Diploma in Communication and Media Development
- Diploma in Fundamental and Audiovisual Education
- Course in TV Reporting, Presentation and Production
What are all the institutes that are there in India in which I can pursue a course for Video Jockey?
There are certain private schools mostly in Metros run by former jockeys, which give training in Jockeying. But they are limited in number. Besides short term courses in public speaking designed to improve the pitch, intonation and modulation of voice, a background in mass communication, visual communication or the performing arts helps in breaking and being successful in the field.
1. University of Calcutta, Kolkata
2. University of Madras, Chennai
3. MCRC, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
4. Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal
5. Mudra Institute Communications, Ahmadabad
6. SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
7. Asian Academy of Film and Television, Noida
8. Dr. Harikishan Gaud University, Madhya Pradesh
9. Xavier Institute of Communications Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
10. Purple Rose Arts & Media Institute