Courses in Travel, Tourism and Hotel industry
What are the various courses offered in Travel, Tourism and Hotel management industries and also what is the duration for such courses?
The various courses that are offered in Travel, Tourism and Hotel management industries are as follows:
- Master of Tourism Administration - it is a two year full time course. This course is approved by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. Post graduation degree helps in getting into managerial and administrative positions in these industries.
- International Air transport Association (IATA), a World Organization provides recognized standard in training to travel, tourism and cargo industry.
- IATA also offers certification courses and short- term training programmes.
The following are the durations for different types of trainings:
- The duration of training in Travel, Tourism and Hotel management industries varies from one year to two years.
- The training and the course depends on the course module that is chosen. There are modules like administration which can take up to 1 year and there are modules like Hotel management that might take up to 2 years.
- Certification courses will take approximately 6 month to 1 year depending on the course material and requirements of the clients.