Database Interview Questions - CSC
1. Data stored in a database, like picture and sound file. Out of the following which doesn’t include record files and can’t be directly searched by the database search engine?
a) TABLE b) BLOB c) VIEW d) SCHEME
2. Transparent DBMS is defined as
a) DBMS having no program or user access languages.
b) DBMS having no cross file capabilities but is user friendly and provides user interface management.
c) DBMS having physical structure hidden from user
3. DBMS ensure the safety of access to the database in case of incomplete transaction. This property is known as:
a) Aggregation b) atomicity c) association d) data integrity.
4. Which Relational schema R is in BCNF if it is in ___________and satisfies additional constraints that for every functional dependency XY, X must be a candidate key
a)1 NF b)2 NF c)3 NF d)5 NF
5. super key is defined as
a) primary key and its attributes
b) candidate key
c) foreign key
d) composite key
6. To create an index on ROLLNO column in the STUDENT table, from the below statements which one will you use?
a) CREATE INDEX roll_idx ON student, rollno;
b) CREATE INDEX roll_idx FOR student, rollno;
c) CREATE INDEX roll_idx ON student( rollno);
d) CREATE INDEX roll_idx INDEX ON student (rollno);
7. A _________sub query can be easily identified if it contains any references to the parent sub query columns in the _________ clause.
a) Correlated, WHERE
b) nested, SELECT
c) Correlated, SELECT