Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Scheme: Overview & Benefits
Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Scheme: Overview & BenefitsQuestion: The Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana has recently been launched in Patna by PM Narendra Modi. Provide the overview and benefits of this scheme.
- Agricultural and non agricultural consumers of the nation being serviced through local distribution networks, many rural areas of the nation face inefficient electricity supply due to load shedding. Meanwhile, there is a rise in the demand for power in rural areas. Investment in the distribution network comes from bad financial state of distribution companies.
- Therefore reliability and quality of supply distribution network will be strengthened through DDUGJY or Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana.
The objectives of this scheme are as follows:
- Provision of rural electrification
- Feeder separation to ensure sufficient power to farmers and regular supply to other consumers
- Improvement of sub transmission as well as distribution network for improving supply quality and reliability
- Metering for the purpose of reducing losses
- All villages and households shall receive electrification
- There will be an increase in agricultural yield
- SMBs and household enterprises will generate new avenues for employment due to 24/7 power
- Improvement in health, banking and education ATM services
- Enhanced accessibility for radio, telephone, TV, internet, mobile and so on
- Enhanced social security due to continuous power supply
- Electricity access for schools, police stations,hospitals and panchayats
- Rural areas will also obtain increased opportunities for comprehensive development
- Thousands of km of new lines and 100s of new substations are being planned and agriculture intensive states will benefit from works of feeder separation
Facts and Stats
- Scheme has an outlay of INR 76,000 crore for project implementation under GoI for which a grant of INR 63,000 crore will be provided
- Total of INR 14680 crore equivalent projects have received approval from which projects amounting to INR 5827 crore has been approved for the state of Bihar