Define basic concepts of Information theory. - Compression Standard
Information theory plays an important role in field of compression. Define its basic concepts.
- Information Theory is about quantification of information.
- It is used in compressing data.
- Entropy is a key measure of information.
- It is expressed in terms of average number of bits that are required to store a message.
- Entropy is used to quantify the uncertainty which is a process in predicting the random variable values.
- Lossless data compression, Lossy data compression and channel coding are the fundamental topics of information theory.