DeShaw Placement Papers - Aptitude Questions
DeShaw Placement Papers – Aptitude Questions
• What is the total number of squares in a 8*8 chess board that refer odel?
• In a product of integer from 1 to 100 how many zero’s will you find?
• Which is that least number when divided by 4, 6 and 7 leaves a remainder of 2?
• What will be the number of matches to choose the champion to be held while in some game 139 members have participated when every time one fellow will get by?
• There are 2 typists, one who types fast takes 2 hour to type the data and the slow typist takes 3 hours to type the same data, if we ask both the typist to work together, how much time will they take to finish the data?
a. 1 hour and 12 min
b. 1 hour
c. 1 hour and 30 minutes
d. 1 hour and 10 minutes
• Based on the given data, tell how many families will own only T.V, when out of 100 families in neighbourhood, 55 families own radio, 75 families own T.V. and 25 families own VCR, 10 families have all the electronic items whereas each family that owns VCR also has a T.V.
• What will be the length of a rod which is made of 11*8*2 inches of solid ice and the diameter of the rod is that of 4 inches?
• If 3 peach, 2 kiwi and 1 pineapple cost 10 rupees and 2 peach, 3 kiwi and 4 pineapples cost 15 rupees then what will be the cost of 3 peach, 3 kiwis, and 3 pineapples?
a. 15 rupees
b. 20 rupees
c. 10 rupees
d. 25 rupees
• What will be the previous salary of a person when his salary is increased by 1200 rupees and tax is decreased by 2%, i.e. from 12% to 10% but is yet paying the same amount of tax?
a. 5000 Rupees
b. 6000 Rupees
c. 6500 Rupees
d. 7000 Rupees
• A report has 20 sheets each of 55 lines and each line consists of 65 characters, if the same report has to be retyped with each sheet having 65 lines and each line having 75 characters each, how many pages will you be able to reduce with this work?
d. None of the above
• What will be the probability of a number chosen between 100 and 999 does not contain a 7?
• Based on the data available, find out how many songs were sung to make the public zero, when there were 750 people when the first song was sung and after each song 50 people left the hall?
• What is the conclusion of the given statement:
All green are blue and all blue are white
a. All white are blue
b. Some blue are green
c. Some green are not white
d. Some white are green
• Based on the given data, answer the following questions:
Kya Kya is an island in the south Pacific. The inhabitants of Kya Kya always answer any question with 2 sentences, one or which is always true and other is always false.
1. You find that your boat is stolen, on questioning 3 inhabitants of Kya Kya island and their replies were, choose the one which was true>
a. Krishna: I did not do it, I do not know who did it
b. Mathew: I did not do it, Krishna did not do it
c. John: I did not do it, Mathew did not do it
2. There is only open pilot in the island, you interviewed 3 men Kiosk, Lorry and Mishra and u notice that Kiosk is wearing a cap.
a. Larry: I am the priest son. Koisk is not the priest
b. Koisk: I am the priest on this island only priests can wear the caps
• After how many minutes will a person reach the top of a mountain, when he is climbing of 60 MTS, for every minute he is climbing 6 MTS and slipping 4 MTS?
a. (50 – 5)/2 + 1:25
b. (60-6)/2 + 1:25
c. (60-6)/2 + 1:28
d. (60 – 6)/4 + 1:28