Difference between 8086 and 8088
Write down the comparisons between the 8086 and 8088?
Features of the 8086:
- A data width of 2 byte is attained by the de multiplexing of AD0 to AF15 pins.
- The instruction queue is of 6 bytes.
- From the memory the fetching of a program is performed only once there are 2 byte empty in queue.
- The BIU of 8086 is not as same as in the 8088 but the EU is similar.
Features of the 8088:
- It requires a 1 byte data width which is generated after the de multiplexing of AD0 to AD7 pins.
- The instruction queue is 4-bytes.
- Program fetching is performed as soon as there is a byte empty in queue.