Difference between ‘Validated Ok’ and ‘Compiled’ in Data Stage
What is the difference between ‘Validated Ok’ and ‘Compiled’ in Data Stage?
-Validating a job is all about running the job in ‘Check only’ mode.
-The checks that will perform are :
- The connections are established to data sources or data warehouse
- The SELECT statements are prepared
- Intermediate files are opened in Hashed file, UniVerse or ODBC stages
-Compilation is done by
- Checking data stage engine to determine whether all needed properties are given
- Upon selecting Validate Job, the data stage checks the validity of all given properties