Duties and responsibilities of a museologist
What are the duties and responsibilities of a museologist?
• Curators organise the display of artifacts in museums
• Organise exhibitions by choosing the display items, labelling them and arranging them.
• Make purchases of rare and new collections for museum enrichment
• Art objects have to be identified examined, cleaned, preserved, displayed or stored.
• Maintain the record of each item - the origin, age and conservation details.
• Curators may specialise in natural history, textiles, paintings, terracotta, metals, etc.
• Curators are involved in training programmes and courses.