Earning potential & job profile of a Footwear Technologist
What remuneration can I expect as a fresher?
As a fresher in an Indian Industry, one can expect somewhere around 10,000-15,000 INR per month. Multinational and International firms sometimes offer up to 25,000 INR per month to freshers. An independent designer can earn more than a regular employee provided he has good social networking and bids for good and high paying projects. A footwear technologist can also become an entrepreneur. Monthly salary of an entrepreneur varies tremendously depending on the size, expansion and the type of business, if done with dedication and the right strategy, an entrepreneurship in footwears can pay you hefty amounts monthly.
What is the nature of work that a footwear designer does?
A footwear designer:
- Works and liaison with other designers on current trends and styles
- Designing footwears (rough sketches by hand and using computer aided design)
- Keeping an eye on fashion shoes and events
- Quality checks and approving the quality of the items manufactured
- Overseeing production by briefing production teams for the production of the desired product. Testing the manufactured products to check the durability of the products
- Giving presentations by creating a model of shoe along with its main features
- Sourcing and selecting raw materials