Eligibility and Personal Qualities required for Museology
What is the eligibility criteria to join a course in Museology?
• Minimum requirement for a course in museology is Graduation or Post Graduation in Science, History or Art History or Fine Arts and Archaeology.
• Knowledge of one classical or foreign language such as Sanskrit, Persian, Arabic, Greek, Latin, German, French and Italian is an advantage.
• At least Fifty five percent marks at graduate and postgraduate level are needed for M.A and Ph.D courses.
• Admission to Master’s degree program is based on admission test followed by interview.
What are the personal attributes required to be successful in Museology?
• An interest in historical past
• It requires a lot of patience and travelling
• Must have an appreciation towards art
• Must be able to work in different cities
• Have immense interest in artifacts.
• High knowledge about history
• Ability to assimilate and analyse information
• Aesthetic skills and good colour vision
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Scholars of history
• Scientific acumen to understand materials,
• Cause of deterioration
• Knowledge of classical or foreign language such as Sanskrit, Persian, Arabic, Greek, Latin German, French & Italian etc.