Eligibility criteria and personal qualities required for Disaster Management
What is the eligibility criteria for a course in Disaster Management?
• Disaster management courses are offered at the short term certificate, undergraduate, postgraduate degree and diploma levels.
• Basic qualification required is 10+2 pass certificate.
• For masters or MBA, the student should be a graduate in any field (even from a professional field such as engineering or medicine graduate), who has a minimum average of 50 percent marks from any recognized institute or university.
What are the personal skills required in this field?
• Should be mentally and physically strong to handle different situations.
• Should be alert in all situations.
• Should know how to properly implement plans.
• Should be able to take care of one’s health.
• Should be take up responsibilities readily.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good organizing skills.
• Good administrative capability.
• Should be able to work in a team