Eligibility criteria for a course in Fashion Designing
What is the eligibility to become a Fashion Designer?
- There are a number of courses, namely, diploma, advance or post graduate diploma, bachelors and masters available. Minimum Qualification for diploma is 10th or equivalent.
- For undergraduate programs, the candidate should be 10+2 from a recognized board of education.
- To get into a post graduate course, the candidate should be a graduate in architecture or any domain of design, such as Interior Design or jewellery design, or equivalent with a minimum of 50% of marks. Alternatively he or she can be a diploma holder in design or a B.F.A. (Bachelors of Fine Arts) degree holder.
- Some institutes also candidates with a masters degree in arts, science or computer application.
- It is always wise to have a portfolio of designs, drawings, sketches and other artistic creations.