Eligibility criteria for courses in Floriculture & institutes offering courses in Floriculture
What is the eligibility to undergo course in floriculture?
Different institutes and colleges have their own individual requirement for entrance in the courses offered by them. To enter into the course the candidate should have cleared higher secondary with Botany as a subject. Duration of B.Sc. degree in Horticulture / Floriculture varies as per the institute / college the aspirant is joining and it may be of three, four or five years. To join the course the applicant has to clear the entrance exam conducted by the specific university. After doing B.Sc. (Agriculture) aspirant can take degree in M.Sc., which offers specialization in floriculture, promology or cultivation of fruits and olericulture or cultivation of vegetable. This can be followed by Ph.D. and post doctoral fellowship.
Which are the institutes offering courses in floriculture?
Some of the established and good institutes to join for floriculture course are:
- Allahabad School of Agriculture, Allahabad, UP.
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
- Punjab Agriculture University, Ludhiana, Punjab
- College of Horticulture, Trissur, Kerala
- Horticulture College and Research Institute, Periakulam
- Faculty of Horticulture, TNAU, Coimbatore