Eligibility criteria to get into Travel, Tourism and Hotel industry
What is the eligibility criteria required to get into Travel, Tourism and Hotel management industries?
The following eligibility criteria are required to get into travel, tourism and hotel management industries are:
1. The person needs to hold either of graduate level, postgraduate level, diploma or certification in any of these industries.
2. If needs undergraduate level then higher secondary examination’s result should be satisfactory or Pass.
3. If a person wants to pursue post-graduation then the person should be graduate in any field and clearance in the entrance test followed by group discussion and then final round interview.
4. It requires proficiency in at least one foreign language. This will also put more impact only if a person will have experience working in service based industry and handled public relations or advertising.
5. Correspondence courses can be taken to do the courses and gain knowledge about these industries.
6. Certification courses can be taken after 10+2 and internships can be done in good companies where they provide practical training of different courses mentioned.
7. Officers in the Directorate and Department of Tourism are chosen from the candidates who have passed civil service examination.
8. Degree in travel and tourism is required to apply job positions in government organizations.
9. SSC conducts exams to hire information assistants at the office of Tourism departments.