Eligibility criteria to join Computer Engineering
What is the eligibility criteria to join Computer Engineering?
• The basic eligibility criteria for a Bachelor’s course in Computer Engineering is 10+2, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
• The eligibility for Diploma in Computer Engineering is 10 + 2 with Science Subjects.
• After completing your Bachelor’s you can then go for a post graduate degree.
• A distance learning course is also offered by the Associate Memberships of the Institution of Engineers (AMIE) which is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
• You can also opt for a Ph.D. which are offered by various institutions in the country.
• This is a very competitive field, hence an admission in this field can be made only through an excellent performance in the board examinations.
• Selection in the field is generally made on the basis of the marks obtained in +2 and the merit in Common Entrance Test (CET).
• Admission to the IIT's (Indian Institute of Technology) is through IIT JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) and for other major institutions through AIEEE (All India Engineering/Pharmacy/Architecture Entrance Examination).
• You can opt for an M.Tech or an M.E. in various colleges through a GATE (The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) examination.