Eligibility criteria to pursue a career as a Geologist
What are the eligibility criteria to pursue a career as a Geologist?
• For admission to a B.Sc honors, 10+2 with Science either in non-medical or medical subjects with at least 50% marks is required.
• For master degree, a bachelor degree with Geology as one of the subject is required with minimum 50% marks.
• For Ph.D. you must have at least 55% marks in master degree.
• Admission to bachelor, masters and research degree vary from university to university/institutes.
• To start a career in Geology, one should complete at least a masters in Geology such as M.A. or M. Sc. in Geology.
• A bachelor’s degree in Geology will secure some entry-level positions, the better qualified you are, the better position you can secure.
• A master’s degree is required for major professional entry-level positions.
• A Ph.D. is necessary for university teaching and to secure higher-level research positions.