Eligibility criteria to study Horticulture
What is the eligibility criteria to pursue studies in Horticulture?
• Students who have passed 10+2 in Science stream with physics, chemistry and maths/biology/agriculture as the subjects can go for a Bachelor’s degree in this field.
• The same basic qualification is required for doing diploma programme.
• After doing B.Sc in Horticulture one can continue in the field by doing an M.Sc in Horticulture.
• Post Graduates in Horticulture are eligible for M.Phil.
• For admission to Ph.D Program different agricultural universities exercise different modes of admission.
• Most of the State Agriculture Universities and ICAR Institutes conduct Entrance Examinations for Ph.D. admissions.
• Horticulture courses include subject areas like
- plant propagation,
- plant materials,
- tissue culture,
- crop production,
- post-harvest handling,
- plant breeding,
- pollination management,
- crop nutrition,
- plant pathology,